COP27 (Conference of the Parties)
The world’s most significant summit on climate change is the UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties, otherwise known as COP. This conference is attended by representatives of the countries that have ratified the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) a treaty agreed in 1994. 2022 will see the 27th occurrence of the conference, which is referred to as COP27.
The COP comes together to review the implementation of the UNFCCC, which has the ultimate goal of limiting human impact on our climate system. One key task is to monitor each country’s progress towards their individual targets, known as Nationally Determined Contributions.
Read More :
- Cultural Values in Our Society
- Detail Area Plan (DAP)
- Global Food Price Higher
- Economic benefits of Padma Bridge
- Current Affairs August 2022 Bangladesh and International Affairs
- Government Budget
- Money Laundering
- Devaluation of Taka and Its Effects on the Economy
- Padma Bridge : Economic and Social Transformation of the Southwest Area
- Padma Bridge : Economic and Social Mutation
- Sustainable Eco-tourism in Bangladesh
- BCS Preliminary Preparation English Literature Part- 01
COP27 is due to take place in the coastal town of Sharm al-Sheikh, on the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt, from 6th-18th November 2022. It was originally planned to take place in 2021, but was pushed back a year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
There are those who hope that hosting COP27 in Egypt will give a more powerful voice to all African countries, who are among those most affected by climate change. Among key focus areas will be the promise of innovation and clean technologies as well as the centrality of water and agriculture to the climate crisis. The role of science will also be highlighted in addition to biodiversity loss, energy transition, decarbonization efforts and finance.”